Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year, New Adventures

We are only 20 days into 2011 and this year has already been a whirlwind.  There are big things in store for me this year, some of which I know but many of which I can't even begin to imagine.  All I know is that this year, 2011, is going to be a grand adventure!


More Studying!
On the studying front, this spring I will be taking my last course requirement to be CPA exam eligible.  The last half of the year will be completely devoted to studying and taking the CPA.  This will be my last and most difficult hurdle before I can fully fit into this accountant family of mine =)  Brent and I reversed rolls in the grad school/CPA exam process and are fighting it out to see who finishes first. 


The Dominican Republic
The most exciting news of the year is that I found out yesterday that I will be traveling to the Dominican Republic in May.  I have signed up with Compassion International to go on a sponsors tour of the country.  We will not only be serving and helping with VBS in different development centers in the country, we will be be able to spend a day with our sponsor children.  For the past four years I have had the extreme privilege of sponsoring a sweet boy, Jose, in that beautiful country.  Jose is now 9 and lives in the plains of Batey Magdalena.  I feel so honored and blessed to be able to sponsor one of God's sweet children but I am so overjoyed with the fact that I'll get the opportunity to serve throughout that country and love on my sweet Jose some.


The Lord is moving so visibly in my life this year and I just can't wait to see what else is going to unfold.  When I get more details and updates on my great Dominican adventure I'll be sure to pass it along.  But for now, all I'm asking for now is prayer. Prayer for my journey, for my traveling buddies, for the country, and for my sweet Jose.  He said to go, so I'm faithfully following where he leads me. Eeeek, exciting yet nerve racking all at the same time!!


Where to?
Life often gives you two paths to choose from.  You can step out in faith and blindly follow where he leads or you can grab control and go it alone.  Which path will you take?

"And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'" Matt 25:40

2 comments:

  1. My Sweet Jamie, I'm so, so proud of you!! I'll be praying for you in your adventure!! You know you are my favorite daughter;-) Let's see what this adventure has in store for you!!! Be safe!

    I love you with all my heart!!!!!
    Mommas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see what God has in store for you over the next few months. Keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete