Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Aid Sudan 5K!

On Saturday, my sweet roommate talked me into running the Aid Sudan 5K with her and a few of her friends.  As most of you are aware, I'm not the biggest running fan in the world. However, since Soozi has moved into the house we've had some quality roomie bonding time over our 3 miles runs at Memorial Park. I actually find myself looking forward to our runs, as shocking as that may be.

So Saturday, in all of Houston's humid glory, we ran our 5K...talking, joking, and dying the whole way.  Soozi and her friend Danielle did the the first two while I tried my best not to die. That darn competitive drive will get you every time!

 Before shot: Soozi, her friend, Danielle, myself
After Shot: And no it wasn't raining, that's how humid it was.
Soozi's two friends, Soozi, Myself, Danielle, another friend.

The race ended up being a reunion of sorts, I ran into some sweet friends from First Baptist, Second Baptist and high school. It was definitely great Saturday fun, even finished the race in under 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment